Thursday, February 18, 2010

Stellar Quilts

A rather bad cold has left me feeling miserable, but I was cheered up when mail delivery included a package from Amazon.com.  Inside was Stellar Quilts by Judy Martin.



This book is full of spectacular quilt designs that all incorporate stars in some way.  Here are three from the book that I am particularly attracted to; they are all going on my to-do list.

Kyoto Gardens

Savannah


Apron Strings

I appreciate that the author has gone to the trouble of providing illustrations with alternative layouts, sizes, and color schemes.  For example, Kyoto Gardens is 96" by 96" or a nice queen size bed quilt.  But she also shows a four-block wall hanging in a different set of colors.  And Savannah is illustrated with a number of different color variations in a setting that will produce a twin size quilt and a setting for a king-size bed.  There are also close-ups of the quilting and construction tips sprinkled in with the directions. 

So, how soon can I start Kyoto Gardens?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.