Friday, October 2, 2009

It's Not As If I Don't Have Enough To Do...

I need another quilting project like I need a hole in the head! But my local quilt shop is having their annual Holiday Open House. This is a special event where they showcase all the new Christmas and winter fabrics, display mostly Christmas projects, and have kits for sale for the first time. It is fun to see what they've made and what they think we will like to make.

I held firm on the kits but could not resist this book: Deck The Halls, by Cheryl Almgren Taylor.


The projects in the book are speaking to me. I like this mantel runner...





...and this banner.



I particularly like this Poinsetta quilt and I think I could make it pretty much out of my stash.



If you live in central New Jersey or Bucks County, PA, and can get to Pennington tomorrow (Saturday, Oct. 3), I suggest you visit Pennington Quilt Works for the second day of their Holiday Open House.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.