Monday, June 5, 2023

Sew Brimfield - A Finished Quilt


I know, I know, long time, no blog!  I had been working on my projects very regularly then all of a sudden, not so much.  Sometimes it is like that, I lose the quilting mojo, but it always comes back.  It is back and I am back.

I'm naming this quilt Sew Brimfield, after the retreat where I made most of the blocks.  I highly recommend the retreat, they are holding it again, and you can find the information for it here.  My blog post about my experience at the retreat is here.



The finished quilt is 61" by 72".  It was inspired by a quilt I saw on Instagram made by The Pattern Basket.  I had previously made a similar design, Great Granny Squared by Lori Holt, so I used that pattern but reduced the size of the squares and added another round to each block.  I made the quilt entirely from stash, including the border, binding, and backing.  Yea!


I sent the top to Teresa Silva of Quilting Is My Bliss; you can see more of her great work on her Instagram account.




I understand this "swirl pose" is the thing to do for quilt photos now, lol.


In the meantime, I've been working on another UFO (2023 is my year to tackle UFOs) and have a couple more unfinished projects queued up to go.  However, quilting was interrupted for a vacation trip to Naples and the Amalfi Coast of Italy.  Totally fabulous!  I went with Girls Guide to the World and highly recommend them for women who want to travel but not alone.  I've enjoyed my trips with them even more than solo travel.  They are offering the same Amalfi trip again in May 2024.  Here are some highlights:


Sailing around Capri


Inside the Blue Grotto at Capri



Lemons growing in Sorrento



View of Positano (the one day it rained)



The view from my hotel room balcony in Sorrento



Pompeii



Pastries in Naples

Until next time!


photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png




1 comment:

  1. Nice seeing you back and congrats on finishing your quilt! I know what you mean about on and off on quilting...always glad when it comes again! Nice photos of your trip and bet you had a wonderful time...welcome back.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.