Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Button Wreath

I've shown this wreath on my blog before but thought I'd show it again as it is the season.


It is about 10" in diameter and completely covered with vintage white buttons.  I made it by sewing the buttons to white ribbon (3/8" wide) then wrapping the ribbon around a styrofoam wreath form.  I used a few sharp straight pins to secure the button covered ribbon in place (the pins are hidden under the buttons), then tied a ribbon at the top to serve as a hanger.

I keep this wreath up year 'round, hanging from the handle of the door leading to our third floor/attic. 

I've seen some smaller versions made as Christmas tree decorations.  You could also try glue-gunning the buttons onto the wreath form.  Ebay is a good source for buttons in bulk.

How are you decorating for Christmas?

  

1 comment:

  1. Such a great idea! I have a third floor, too, and this inspires me to make something to hang on the doorknob. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.