Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fat Quarter Friendly Quilt Patterns

So now I'm on the lookout for the pefect projects for my bundles of Etchings and Butterscotch and Rose.

Here are a few ideas:

This pattern is called Razz-Ma-Tazz and is from Thimble Creek.    (By the way, the colored font is not just pretty; it represents links that will take you to the website where I bought the pattern - just in case you want to know more about it.) 


When I first saw the pattern, I thought it would be great for my stash of 30's repros. Now that I have the pattern, I'm thinking about it for my leftover turquoise fabrics, or Christmas prints, or Fig Tree prints. The background doesn't have to be white and the diagonal accent doesn't have to be red!

When I saw French Vintage on the Thimble Creek site, I thought it would be perfect for the Etchings fat quarters.  The original was made from Rouenneries, the yummy line from French General.



I'm thinking of this for the red and grey prints from Etchings, along with the light background prints.  I can save the blue fat quarters for another project.

This is Magical Mystery Tour from Abbey Lane Quilts.  It uses 20 fat quarters plus yardage for the sashing and borders.  I think it might work for the Fig Tree prints but am not completely sold on it yet.   


Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. I loved Fresh Vintage. I picked it up when I went to market several weeks ago. I'm just a sucker for stars and that quilt just wow'd me.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.