Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Block Boards

A couple of months ago, LaVieEnRosie had a post about making block boards.  They looked useful and easy to make, so I thought I'd give it a try.  I am now the owner of six block boards. 



Leftover pieces of batting glued to pieces of foam core, cut to 15 inches square.  Using them, I can lay out the pieces for several blocks, then carry them to the machine to sew.  The fabric pieces "stick" to the batting, and seeing the layout while sewing means the seam ripper should come into play less often. 

If you'd like some of your own, the link here or above will take you to Carrie's how-to for making them.  Very easy, you really can't go wrong.




1 comment:

  1. Well, I'll try this comment again! My first is floating out in cyberspace somewhere.

    I made one years ago but only used flannel to cover the foam board and the blocks don't stick. I'm going to make one like yours this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.