Yes, I finished the binding on my version of Brand New Day, which I'm calling Christmas Day.
I'm really happy with how this quilt turned out. If you recall, I was doing the piecing in July, during my Christmas in July project immersion. I used my hoarded collection of Robyn Pandolph fabrics, probably 5+ years old so impossible to obtain additional matching yardage and I had to work with what I had on hand. So had to make a little modification to the pattern, which has you using the same fabric for both the border and unpieced blocks. But what's a quilting project without a little "modification" to the pattern directions!
The star blocks are a variation on Ohio Star and I really like them. I'll probably use them again in another quilt sometime. Here, you can see how the quilter handled the star blocks. The unpieced blocks are quilted with a different motif, a sort of star/wreath combo, but I could not get a good photo because of the busy-ness of the fabric print.
Kari Ruedisale did the quilting; I am delighted with her work. I learned about Kari on Minick and Simpson's blog. I figured if Kari was quilting for a professional, quilts that are seen by the universe of quilting professionals at Quilt Market, she must be good, so I contacted her about doing something for me. In fact, Kari squeezed two of my quilts into her schedule and you will be seeing the other one soon.
Christmas Day is now part of our Christmas season decorating, ready for a snuggle in the living room. But I am thinking of putting it on the guest room bed for my mother's arrival.