Monday, September 21, 2009

Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza XVI, Part 2

There are usually fantastic vendors at quilt shows and it is all too easy to send your credit card into meltdown. Kits are my weakness; I see a fabulous quilt on display and, lo and behold, the vendor has kit so you can reproduce it at home! But I've reached the point where my creative muse is not really satisfied with making exactly what someone else has made. I prefer to put my own touch on it. So I try very hard to resist. This time, because I have a number of projects in the sewing room line-up, I shopped from a list and tried to control myself. Even so, I made a few impulse purchases.

Like this grocery shopping bag from Glorious Color. They carry all of Kaffe Fassett's fabric and this bag uses a collage of Kaffe Fassett designs.


The fat quarters are all for specific projects in my "line-up." While I was in line to pay for the clear applique thread, another woman in line was raving about the Majestic thread so I decided to try a spool. Pricey, but if it is anything like she said it will be worth it.

I have a "thing" for snowmen (my maiden name is Frost) and think this little guy is just the cutest! It is the first block of a BOM but I think I'll make just the one block for a small picture (it is 14" square). Doing more could tax my applique skills.

I was very taken with these tiny paper-pieced wall hangings. And the vendor warned me I would need the Add An Eighth ruler.


Paula Barnes of Bonnie Blue Quilts was vending at the show, with some wonderful quilts on display. One used this pattern (called Second Hand Clothes) along with a lot of fabric I already have in my stash so I could justify it as a good buy. The Star Singles are papers for making half square triangles.

I better get to work and produce something!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.