Friday, August 28, 2009

Blog Reader Favorite Quilting Books

I recently asked readers to leave a comment with the title and author of a favorite quilting book. Here are the results.





Vivian of Quilts and a Mug recommended Quilts from Aunt Amy, by Country Threads (Mary Etherington & Connie Tesene). Inspired by individual blocks in a century-old quilt made by Mary's Aunt Amy, they designed 14 quilts based on some of those blocks. Vivian says, “I love the old quilt and hope to some day make many of the new.”





Nova (no blog) recommended Material Obsession by Sarah Fielke and Kathy Doughty (owners of a quilt shop in Australia) for the lovely full page photos of the finished quilts.





Kathie of Inspired By Antique Quilts said, “The book I go to all the time is The American Quilt by Roderick Kiracofe. I just love so many of the antique quilts in this book.”



Loves 2 Quilt said her favorite author is Jeanna Kimball but her favorite books are the Blended Quilts books by Marsha McCloskey. (I like the Blended Quilts books too - I think there are three.)





Renee G. (no blog) said, “My favorite is Debbie Mumm's Quilting Through the Year. She has a lot of quick projects--- and I love her fabrics.”








Rebecca (no blog) recommended Contemporary Classics in Plaid and Stripes by Piece O'Cake Designs. It is Rebecca’s favorite; she has made all but one of the projects in the book! I say that is getting your money’s worth out of the purchase!

Many of these books are "oldies but goodies" that are not being printed any longer but copies are still available on Amazon.com.

I've blogged about some of my favorite books in the past. You can read about them here, here, and here.

Thanks to all for leaving your comments sharing your favorites!

No comments: